Moisture and Hydrocarbon Dew-Point
Michell Instruments offers a comprehensive range of process analyzers for measuring water dew point, trace moisture and hydrocarbon dew point for the petrochemical and natural gas industries.
The range includes intrinsically safe and flameproof/explosion proof systems which are supplied as complete packages consisting of an analyzer – or combination of analyzers – and a fully integrated sampling system and control unit. A wide choice of standard process sampling systems are available, as well as the option of customized systems, designed by our dedicated Systems Engineering department to suit demanding or complex applications.
Michell’s Condumax II is the hydrocarbon and water dewpoint analyzer of choice for the majority of gas transmission companies across the whole European gas distribution network.
On-Line Process Analyzers:
In the petrochemical industry the measurement of moisture content in a multitude of process gases and liquids is one of the most difficult and demanding tasks for the process engineer. To maintain a certain moisture content or avoid defined moisture levels is crucial for most chemical processes.
Michell’s state-of-the-art, on-line analyzers help increase plant efficiency and safety in many petrochemical sites across the globe.
Comprehensive analyzer packages with a selection of standardized sampling systems or customized solutions to suit exact application and installation requirements
- Choice of certified explosion-proof (EExd) or intrinsically safe (I.S.) measurement systems
- CCSAUS approved for Class I, Division 1
- ATEX approved for Zone 1 and 2 installation
- Unique Michell Calibration Exchange Service provides cost effective field maintenance of moisture measurement certified traceable to standards of NPL (UK) and NIST (USA)
- Systems compatible with aggressive samples such as sour natural gas a global network of Michell offices and factory trained representatives
- Professional commissioning services and site maintenance personnel training available worldwide
Background to Michell Instruments
Michell Instruments is the international leader in the field of moisture and humidity measurement solutions. With over 40 years’ experience, Michell designs and manufactures a wide range of transmitters, instruments and system solutions capable of measuring trace moisture, humidity, dew point and oxygen in a vast range of applications and industries ranging from compressed air, power generation, process, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and many more.
Michell uses four key dew-point measurement technologies in its products:
- Impedance method using a ceramic tile which delivers unrivalled speed of response and robustness
- Chilled Mirror method which has been incorporated into advanced, precision instruments for industrial and laboratory use
- Dark Spot™ technology which was developed in partnership with Shell, to offer a world-class solution for the measurement of hydrocarbon dew point
- Quartz Crystal technology for a high precision, fast responding moisture measurement with self-calibration