Hydrogen gas generators provide an ideal and effective way to create hydrogen gas within the confines of your warehouse or laboratory. A hydrogen cooling generator can provide research-grade 99.999% pure hydrogen gas that does not contain any impurities beyond trace amounts of water moisture, nitrogen, and oxygen, all of which are well below the levels of negative impact. Additionally, advanced research and development has provided safer, greener, more efficient and cost-effective means of generating on-demand hydrogen gas for laboratory, manufacturing and industrial applications.
Contact us for more information regarding our hydrogen gas generators and advanced hydrogen generation systems, or request a quote today for an in-depth price analysis.
Advantages of Utilizing a Hydrogen GeneratorA hydrogen cooling generator provides a safe, convenient and cost-effective way to produce hydrogen gas that is consistently pure and free of foreign substances. Hydrogen generation systems are also less expensive over the long-run when compared with regular bulk delivery. Since there is no need for scheduled truck deliveries, a hydrogen gas generator also reduces your laboratory or warehouses’ carbon footprint. Some additional industrial hydrogen generator benefits, include:
Get Better Results with Onsite Hydrogen Generation
Laboratory practitioners need a carrier gas they can count on. But supplies of helium, traditionally used as a gas chromatography (GC) carrier gas, are dwindling worldwide, forcing laboratories to pay more and risk a missed delivery of this increasingly scarce gas.
As such, many laboratories are looking for a more reliable and less expensive solution than helium. The only carrier gas that can offer higher reliability and lower cost—along with faster results—is hydrogen, made on-site. A hydrogen generator using a Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) electrolyzer will safely and reliably produce an endless supply of ultra-pure hydrogen at a fraction of the cost of delivered helium.
Bulk Delivery vs Hydrogen Generation SystemsHydrogen is supplied through one of two methods: bulk hydrogen delivery or onsite hydrogen generation via water electrolysis. Hydrogen that is supplied through the bulk delivery method is usually sourced from large natural gas reformation plants and is packaged in cylinders or tube trailers for delivery.
Bulk delivery has been the standard sourcing method for decades and has proven to be a reliable source for hydrogen for laboratory and manufacturing applications. However, bulk-delivered hydrogen is prone to contamination from numerous sources that can negatively affect analyses. These contaminants must be mitigated in order to ensure the proper performance of analytical instruments for accurate results. These can include:
- Carbon dioxide
Hydrogen Generator OptionsSilpac offers a wide range of hydrogen generation systems for your unique hydrogen production requirement needs. Our hydrogen gas generator options are highlighted below:
- S Series – The S Series hydrogen generators utilize proton exchange membrane (PEM) cell stack and PSA technology to produce ultra-pure hydrogen that equates to 99.999%. The S20 and S40 models are highly efficient and utilize load-following technology to sense demand and adjust production accordingly.
- H Series - With efficiency in mind, H Series hydrogen gas generators are engineered to sense demand and adjust production accordingly. Eliminating the need for tube trailers, H2, H4, and H6 hydrogen generators provide quiet and steady operation with significant space savings.
- C Series - These generators are engineered for extreme purity and composition certainty with minimal maintenance requirements. C Series hydrogen generators are a quiet, dependable, space-saving solutions for any hydrogen-using facility.
- M Series - M Series hydrogen cooling generators are innovative, ground-breaking and provide a way to integrate renewable sources of generation, convert surplus electricity to produce hydrogen, and store that hydrogen as energy for future use.
- Stable Flow Hydrogen Control Systems – These products allow power plants to actively control hydrogen purity, pressure and dew point within a generator casing.
- Containerized Hydrogen Systems – Large scale hydrogen gas generators are based on PEM water electrolysis designs. The integrated modular design includes optional mechanical compression, storage and hydrogen dispensing.
Advanced Hydrogen Generator Technology
Proton OnSite’s hydrogen generators utilize a platinum catalyst and our unique proton exchange membrane (PEM) technology separate deionized water into pure hydrogen and oxygen. Each generator produces ultrahigh purity (99.999+% pure) hydrogen gas at output pressures up to 435 psi (30 bar) and at a dew point of -85°F (-65°C).
Our compact hydrogen generators can be placed on the generator deck or any other indoor, non-classified plant area. A unique design allows the hydrogen generator to contain virtually no stored hydrogen—even when generating the gas at 1,146 scf/hr.—to meet the daily hydrogen requirements of power plants, no matter how large.
Our hydrogen generation systems provide reliable, low-cost hydrogen for generator cooling, giving power plant operators an attractive return on investment while improving site security, safety, and personnel productivity.